Have you ever said "I'll just work out at the gym on my own"... and then just... well, didn't do it?
Some people are REALLY great at working out on their own. They are disciplined, they know how to plan progressive workouts and they will show up for themselves, even when they aren't feeling it.
95% of the people I meet, though, are NOT great at this. Many of us need more.
When I talk to members in our gym, the top reasons to belong to our gym community they say are:
- Working out with friends. In our world's current climate, life can be pretty heavy and it can be challenging to show up for ourselves. Having friends to work out with and laugh with makes it easier to show up.
- Workouts are planned for you. All of our workouts are coach-led and planned, which means you can just show up and do the work, and not have to try to plan out what to do.
- Positive Peer Pressure. There is something to be said for the positive peer pressure of working in a group or with a coach. Most of us perform better when being watched or motivated by a coach or when trying to "keep up" with those around us.
- They aren't wasting money. Simply put, a $40/mo membership is pretty expensive if you are never showing up. Likewise a $150/mo membership is worth every penny if you show up consistently and get the results you seek.
- Everyone is welcomed. They never feel like they "don't belong" or like they will be judged for not being a societal standard of perfect health. Coaches will assist in modifying or scaling a workout to fit the client needs, so you can truly show up in your body exactly as it is.
These are just a few of the top reasons I hear for belonging to our gym community! Ultimately, we all know that the only effective workout is the one you will show up for, so if you are finding yourself unhappy with your current results outside of a gym family, considering adding us to your support system!